Our Creative Recruitment Manager and Contract Recruitment pro Katy Nagy explains exactly why you need to plan ahead when it comes to securing freelance talent - and how not to get left behind!
Katy Nagy - Creative Recruitment Manager
Here at The Candidate we are already sourcing 2022 contract resource for our clients. So to not be left behind and scrambling for talent, here’s some things to think about….
- Take a good, hard look at your Work in Progress (WIP). Where could things bottle neck and what skillsets are you possibly falling short on? Should you be putting out feelers in the market for those contractors now?
- Think about your current permanent vacancies – with notice periods, are they realistically going to be able to start in January? Could a contractor offer that well-needed interim support whilst you find the perfect candidate?
- Are you set up properly for contractors? Do you have the appropriate payroll/timesheet solutions? We can help with guidance on timesheets, Umbrella companies, and negotiating the best rates.
- How clued up are you on the IR35 legislation? We’re helping clients clue themselves up on the all the determinations and circumnavigating the tax legislation.
Our Contract team at The Candidate are on hand to help with any of your potential problems. We have a team of experts who can give advice on the market, help navigate payroll problems, and ultimately provide the best contractors.
If you’ve never used Contractors or Freelancers before, Katy on our Creative Contract desk is more than happy to provide confidential, commitment-free information. She’s has over 6 years’ experience in recruitment and has worked with agencies and in-house brands alike, sometimes during the toughest times!
Get in touch today and take the pain away from January!
Read our latest news here.
- If you're looking for a new role, get in touch with us today!
- Progress your career with a brand new Contract role? Click here!
- If it’s creative roles that you are after, click here.
- Learn more about our marketing roles here.
- Fancy a new analytics challenge? Click here!
- Check out all our job opportunities in Technology here!
- Check out our digital jobs here.
- To get the very latest jobs, news and blogs follow The Candidate on Linkedin here!