What is a Social Media Manager?
A Social Media Manager is a professional responsible for managing and overseeing the social media presence and activities of an individual, brand, organisation, or company. Their primary role is to develop and implement social media strategies to promote the brand, engage with the target audience, and achieve specific marketing or communication goals.
Usually come from a university degree, also consider those from marketing apprenticeship backgrounds
£30-£40k depending on size of company
Why does a business need a Social Media Manager?
- Establishing and maintaining an online presence: Social media platforms provide an opportunity to connect with a vast audience, build brand awareness, and reach potential customers.
- Building brand awareness and reputation: Social media managers are responsible for creating and sharing valuable content that promotes the brand and its values. By consistently posting relevant and engaging content, they help increase brand visibility and awareness among the target audience.
- Driving website traffic and conversions: A social media manager strategically promotes the business's products, services, or content on social media, encouraging followers to visit the website and convert into customers.
- Engaging with the target audience: A social media manager responds to comments, messages, and mentions, fostering two-way communication and building relationships with customers. By actively listening to the audience and addressing their needs and concerns, they can improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Managing brand reputation: Social media managers play a crucial role in monitoring online conversations about the brand and addressing any negative feedback or complaints promptly.
What responsibilities should a Social Media Manager have?
- Strategy development: Creating a social media strategy aligned with the overall marketing and business objectives. This can involve identifying target audience, selecting appropriate social media platforms, and defining (KPIs) for measuring success.
- Content creation: Developing engaging and relevant content, such as posts, images, videos, and infographics, for sharing on social media platforms.
- Community management: Monitoring and responding to comments, messages, and mentions on social media platforms.
- Social media advertising: Planning and executing paid advertising campaigns on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, or YouTube.
- Analytics and reporting: Monitoring social media metrics, analysing data, and generating reports to measure the effectiveness of social media efforts.
What to look for in a Social Media Manager?
When hiring a social media manager, look for candidates with expertise in various social media platforms, content creation, and copywriting. They should be able to develop effective strategies, manage online communities, and have experience in social media advertising and analytics.
Consider those with strong communication, adaptability, and creativity skills as these are essential. Cultural fit and a passion for your industry should also be taken into account.
Get in touch with us today if you'd like any advice on recruiting a Social Media Manager for your business.