How to get experience?
- There are plenty of courses online created to help you further your knowledge in PPC – why not start off with the Google AdWords certification, created to build and test your knowledge of the basics. Complete this course and show the hiring manager you know your stuff!
- Ask for work experience at inhouse companies or agencies – network on LinkedIn, build relationships and reach out to those already in the PPC space to see if they can help you out with an internship! Or utilize your current role by asking to help on the paid ads or shadow the PPC team to see what it’s all about.
- Once you’re certified speak to small or local businesses – pitch them your plan and create a small scale paid campaign strategy for them, be open helping for free whilst you’re learning the ropes. If you have your own small business open a business account on Amazon where you can promote and learn AdWords.
- If your current company focus on organic marketing suggest a paid marketing strategy – put together a tangible plan and pitch it to your employer, remember to include budgets and goals to drive results for your current company. You’ll gain concreate experience and show initiative.
- Do your research – gain market knowledge, learn the lingo and software’s used within PPC. Show the hiring manager you’re a wiz on Excel or Google Sheets, master the features and filters and prove you can manage large amounts of data, do you know what SA360 is? and how you would use it?
- Keep up to date with industry trends – ensure you don’t get left behind by knowing what’s the latest developments in the world of Paid Media and what techniques are working well at the moment! Read blogs, follow PPC experts on LinkedIn, listen to podcasts to stay in the know.
Gain valuable paid experience and you’ll be the one landing your dream job in the PPC space in no time. If you’re already in the PPC space and want to take your next step on the career ladder, send over your CV!
Check out our PPC roles here!
For all jobs click here!
If it is digital jobs you are interested in click here.
For all our marketing jobs click here.
To see all our creative jobs click here.
For all our analytics jobs click here.
To read our blog on the latest industry news and advice click here.
Progress your career with a brand new Contract role? Click here!