The Candidate are delighted to be part of this year’s Digital City Festival - we are looking forward to attending a range of exciting events across this action packed week! We’ve detailed all the events below to give you a handy guide for the festival and let you know where you can find us.
The best place to find us will be on the 9th and 10th of March at the Digital City Expo in Manchester Central Convention Centre! We’ll be at stand 230 - come and chat to us about finding you the best talent on the market (there’s even some freebies in it for you!). You’ll be able to spot our team around the expo handing out drink tokens and networking with the exhibitors and visitors.
We can’t wait to see you there!
WEDNESDAY 9TH MARCH
08:30 - THE NEW LEADER, THE NEW INSIGHTS; DECISIONS BASED ON FACTS NOT FEELINGS - ASHA'S MANCHESTER
09:00 – DIGITAL CITY EXPO DAY 1 - MANCHESTER CENTRAL
Find us on stand 230 at Manchester Central Convention Complex! You’ll also catch us at loads of the great discussions taking place that day, which include:
- 10:00 – Domm Holland: It’s so much more than just checkout - how payment technology impacts the whole customer journey
- 10:00 – Panel Discussion: Connecting a City. Delivering an IOT blueprint across South London
- 10:00 – John Dearden: How AND Digital helped Lookers to pivot to online e-commerce in a global pandemic
- 10:10 – Masterclass: D2C growth hacking: How Piglet in Bed scaled eCommerce growth at super-speed
- 10:20 – Masterclass: How to achieve 10x growth at every stage
- 10:50 – Katherine Burden: Greater Manchester’s part in the future of the digital economy
- 10:50 – Masterclass: Leveraging data to build sustainable cities
- 11:00 – Panel Discussion: Creating the future of UK-India Business, why it takes a village
- 11:00 – Agnes Lind: How the low-code/no-code movement is reshaping marketing
- 11:10 – Adam Hindle: The need for speed: future proofing your ecommerce store with PWA
- 11:40 – Adrian Baschonga: How businesses are approaching new opportunities in 5G and IoT
- 11:40 – Masterclass: How to get additional cash flow through UK tax incentives
- 11:50 – Rosa Mitchell: How to plan digital PR campaigns that actually impact your bottom line
- 12:00 – Panel Discussion: Set yourself up for ecommerce success with the right tech partners
- 12:00 – Michael Schirrmacher: Understanding retailer’s needs - advancing commerce one-click checkout at a time
- 12:30 – Panel Discussion: Digital City Festival: 'Made in Manchester but changing the world’
- 12:30 – Beverly Craig: The launch of Manchester’s new digital strategy
- 12:40 – Hannah Bewley: Real Living 2021: How are we using digital devices today? What’s changed? And what does it mean for advertising?
- 13:00 – Panel Discussion: Greater Manchester - a global digital influence in cyber
- 13:20 – Masterclass: Smarter technology for a sustainable future
- 13:30 – Masterclass: From banners to billboards - the future is biddable. How to advertise effectively using data your consumers won't mind you using.
- 13:40 – Mike Hayers: Diversification to drive scale
- 14:00 – Panel Discussion: When it comes to heritage brands, it's all about retention: With Klaviyo and Orla Kiely
- 14:10 - Masterclass: The GM AI Foundry: a model for AI based SME innovation
- 14:10 – Dave Beech: Bringing order to chaos with a cloud-native data platform
- 14:20 – Katie Thompson: Make Your Content Work Harder: Repurposing for Reach, Recognition and Revenue
- 14:30 – Rachael Kotadia: Data driven ideas to accelerate revenue now, as you can’t wait a lifetime for LTV…
- 15:00 – Masterclass: Launch & discussion of UK Black Tech's white paper report - Smart Cities: Connected Communities.
- 15:00 – Gary Bennion: Building a high performance culture with a remote workforce
- 15:00 – Dominique Elsey: Social Media Trends 2022: A dispatch from the future of social
- 15:10 – Masterclass: It's time to tear down silos and transform your effectiveness
- 15:20 – Ricardas Montvila: Marketing beyond age, gender, and demographics
- 15:50 – Masterclass: SODA Innovation Space, Place, People
10:00 – CAREERS ZONE DAY 1– MANCHESTER CENTRAL
17:00 - INTRO TO ART, AUGMENTED REALITY (AR) AND NFTS – MANCHESTER CENTRAL LIBRARY
17:00 - DIGITAL CITY EXPO EXHIBITORS' DRINKS RECEPTION: Finally, we’re looking forward to rounding off the day by networking and socialising at the exhibitors drinks reception – cheers!
THURSDAY 10TH MARCH
09:00 – DIGITAL CITY EXPO DAY 2 - MANCHESTER CENTRAL:
Come and see us at stand 230 for a chat! The sessions this day include:
- 10:00 – Panel Discussion: Personal branding and online reputation
- 10:00 – Masterclass: Bringing that "New Look" feeling to life
- 10:10 – Masterclass: How to build relationships with your customers: With Klaviyo and The Couture Club
- 10:20 – Masterclass: Covid-19 and retail: how the pandemic shifted the customer journey
- 10:50 – Sherin Mathew: How to apply AI strategically and ethically
- 10:50 – Clemens Reijnen: Enterprise Scale DevOps practices and tips
- 11:00 – Panel Discussion: Hyper Island & Guests explore the metaverse: Is it madness, magic or mayhem?
- 11:10 – Deri Jones: Maintaining your CX in the ever changing world of digital transformation
- 11:40 – Masterclass: Digital Events Academy - A music venues’ pivot to digital: A story of music, collaboration and learning during the global pandemic
- 11:40 – Amul Batra: Scaling up your tech team with junior developers the right way
- 11:50 – Cari Kirby: It’s time to up your engagement game
- 12:00 - Panel Discussion: Panel session on neurodiversity in tech
- 12:00 – Tom Day: Driving revenue online through subscriptions and Progressive Web Apps
- 12:30 – Masterclass: Hyper Island invites you to meet the Metaverse Experts
- 12:50 – Darren Teague: The art of psychology in eCommerce personalisation
- 13:00 – Mike Blake-Crawford: WTF R NFTs? Making sense of the metaverse
- 13:30 – Alex Palmer-Lee: Move fast without breaking things: outsourcing ecommerce innovation through the affiliate channel
- 13:40 – Masterclass: Are you hostage to your technology? Combining composable commerce and culture.
- 14:00 – Masterclass: Fjord Trends 2022: A new fabric of life
- 14:10 – David Foreman: What VCs Won’t Tell You
- 14:10 – Scott Logie: Future Trends: Value of Sustainability
- 14:20 – Amy Woods: The power of repurposing: how to maximise your content
- 14:30 – Masterclass: The changing face of automotive - How Code Computerlove helped JCT600 adopt a no-touch car buying process
- 15:00 – Andy Miah: Esports 2.0: The Future of Phygital
- 15:00 – Masterclass: Innovation through technological optimisation – the case of Bulgaria
- 15:10 – Gareth Turner: Weetabix & Beanz – the story behind the tweet that broke the internet
10:00 – CAREERS ZONE DAY 2 – MANCHESTER CENTRAL
18:45 – DIGITAL CITY AWARDS - ETIHAD STADIUM: There will also be an awards ceremony taking place to celebrate the organisations, teams and individuals who are helping to build a better future through technology.
FRIDAY 11TH MARCH
08:30 - REFRAME WOMEN IN TECH CONFERENCE 2022 – OLD TRAFFORD CRICKET CLUB
09:00 - AMAFESTUK - AMAZON SELLERS CONFERENCE – MANCHESTER CONFERENCE CENTRE
09:00 – ESPORTS FESTIVAL - MEDIACITY: This all day event explores the world of esports with some exciting discussions, networking opportunities, and career opportunities in the sector. We can’t wait to finish an incredible week with this event!
You'll find The Candidate at stand 230 at the Digital City Expo at Manchester Central Convention Complex event on the 9th and 10th of March! (Follow our Instagram for BTS updates and exclusive content!)
To register for your FREE ticket, click here!
To find out more about Digital City Festival 2022, click here!
For the full line up of events, click here!
Take a look at all our job opportunities in Technology here!
Check out our digital jobs here.
Fancy a new analytics challenge? Click here!
If you're looking for a new role, get in touch with us today!
Learn more about our marketing roles here.
To get the very latest jobs, news and blogs follow The Candidate on Linkedin here!