Sophie Parkin, our Senior Marketing Recruitment Consultant has been reflecting on the last year in recruitment at The Candidate and what 2020 has to offer.
What challenges have you seen within the industry this past year?
I would definitely say Brexit has been problematic, which we anticipated. There’s been so much uncertainty for companies we work with, which must be really hard to make key decisions such as big hires.
I would also say being the biggest team in the company has its pressures. But as previously mentioned, we all collate together and crack on!
Top 5 Tips for someone to have a successful Marketing career?
- Research! Always stay on top of new trends. We see the marketing industry constantly evolving and changing, at such a quick pace.
- Tangibles – This is mainly a point for candidates’ CV’s. We see so many wishy-washy comments with no actual tangibles of when they have done something great in their career and the outcome of it. Clients LOVE to see numbers and percentages for growth so this should always be a focus.
- Passion – It’s so nice to see candidates who love what they do and it can be quite apparent when they’re not actually that passionate about their career. Work is where you spend pretty much all of your time, and you should love what you do!
- Industry – Get yourself out there. People who get themselves to industry events and mix well really do go a long way. You never know when you might come across a connection who may be able to help you in the future.
- Always be open to something new that you haven’t done previously. New opportunities and routes will always come your way and we find people love positions they never thought they would be in.
Here’s to another exciting year at The Candidate! If you’re interested in applying for marketing roles organise a chat with our experienced team or call 0161 833 1044 or email [email protected]
Read our latest news here.
Check out our digital jobs here.
Learn more about our marketing roles here.
If it’s creative roles that you are after, click here.
Fancy a new analytics challenge? Click here!
Progress your career with a brand new Contract role? Click here!