Rebecca Birch joined The Candidate as a part-time Marketing Assistant whilst she does her degree in Marketing Management at Manchester Metropolitan University. Read how she is gaining experience and learning whilst studying.
After having an amazing time over the duration of my internship and feeling quite disheartened it was coming to an end, I began the hunt for a placement and became quite fixated on a sandwich year being my next step until I received the news that The Candidate had a Marketing Assistant role available and offered it to me! I felt genuinely honoured that they had recognised my work and was extremely grateful for the opportunity. It was a no-brainer! This seemed like a great way to combine experience with my third-year studies.
With the doors of The Candidates Spinningfields hub closing for good and the move to Northern Quarter complete, it couldn’t have felt like more of a fresh start! I am currently in the first month of my new role and the transition has been seamless. The team have been extremely supportive and are always happy to answer all my questions, no matter how simple the solution may be! I couldn’t wish to be part of a better company with such a bright future ahead, which I am so delighted to now be a part of!
The Candidate is amazing with supporting students and graduates that want to prosper in the marketing industry by providing valuable work experience. I’d encourage anybody who wants to develop their skills and knowledge to get in touch and express your interest, you won’t regret it!
Here are five reasons why I would encourage anybody to do an internship and how it has helped me…
- Learning- It is an amazing opportunity to put theory into practice and get hands-on experience in a real-life agency environment.
- Commercial awareness- Being a marketing recruitment agency I have picked up a lot of industry knowledge and got a feel for what jobs and companies are out there and what they look for in a candidate.
- Built confidence- Never having an office job before, I was very nervous to start, however over the course of my internship I have grown so much confidence which has shaped me as a person.
- Experience- I now have creditable work experience to put on my CV which will be looked on positively by future employees.
- You’ll have fun- They are a very sociable bunch who know how to have a laugh!
We are always looking to add new talent to the team, so if you'd like to join us here in our new office, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 833 1044.
Read about why you should #workforus here.
Check out our latest blogs here.
Take a look at our latest jobs