Perhaps you have a favourite
restaurant, a certain event you like to attend or you simply think
Manchester and the Northwest is a friendly place.
Have a read of the 38 reasons we
have already included to 'Go North' and tweet us at @thecandidateUK with
your own, and we will add them to the blog. We look forward to
Here are a few examples of reasons
Northwest professionals are providing in our social media campaign
#GoNorth. Tweet us with your own, and it could be added to our
39. "I love the North
because the beer is cheaper and the people are friendly. Follow
@thecandidateuk #GoNorth." @SaskiaMurphy
40. "We love the North for the
people! Straight talking, no nonsense, genuine & friendly
Northerners! Maybe the good grub too!"
41. "Why Manchester? Great city,
great people, great fun." @ukcopywriter
42. "Why would I be
anywhere else? The people, the food, the drink, the vintage scene,
the liquid sunshine… " @The_Lady_Sybil
43. "Working in the
#NorthWest is great because the media industry in Manchester is at
the top of the game. Boom. #GoNorth"
44. "One for the blog:
Manchester had the 1st free public library in the world, one for
you: The sense of community #gonorth"
45. "I love working in
#NorthWest for the quirky and weird people and love living here
because of the food! #GoNorth"
46. "It's the home of
Man City!!!! #GoNorth" @venndigital
47. "It's a city big
enough to have diversity, but small enough to explore it all
48. "For me, it's all
about the community. Professional, social and cultural. #GoNorth"
49. "I've loved
dicovering Manchester's cultural side. independents like
@CornerhouseMcr make this city! #GoNorth"
50. "Ditch the house
share for your own place- my reason to #gonorth"
51. "Key selling point
is that we have yoghurt sauce for kebabs not garlic mayo
53. "Because we have
Daleks in Post Offices!! yfrog.com/h7t57ekj #gonorth"
54. "#GoNorth difficult
to say 140 characters but I wouldn't rather be anywhere else!
55. "I love working in
#NorthWest because its not the south and full of southerners!
56. "Manchester is big
enough to be inspired every day and small enough to feel a sense of
community. Super cosmopolitan #gonorth"
57. "#GoNorth for
Manchester's creative culture and of course, @thecastlehotel in the
Northern Quarter!" @theurbanmagpie
58. "I like how compact
the shops are! All in walking distance!"
59. "New Order & The
Stone Roses #gonorth" @spclarkey
60. "My reason is that
#Manchester is a great place to socialise & there's always
plenty of events to
61. "My reason Two world
famous football clubs bear the city's name Manchester City and
Manchester United aka Champions 2013 #manchester"
62. "The best digital
community in the UK - my reason to #gonorth"
63. "Noel Gallagher
legend!! And the weather" @mnc0001
64. "We love the
excellent bus network and the easy access to fine ales. The simple
65. "Atomic Kitten!"
66. "Love working in
Manchester for the passionate working atmosphere and community"
67. "Interesting chat - why Manchester's such a great
place to live and work #GoNorth - gotta be the architecture -
loving my lunchtime walks!" @juliedigital
68. "Manchester is a family, the digital sector is
vibrant and we have the best weather #GoNorth"
69. "Everyone knows each other up North! Walk through
Manch on the way home & you're guaranteed to see someone you
know #GoNorth" @PedUK
70. "#GoNorth Manchester international festival."
71. "Here at Bubble HQ we love living in the North -
you can have gravy with every meal and not get looked at funny ;)
72. "Love the #Northwest It's the creative air,
forward thinking and innovation that happens daily #GoNorth" @neomammalian
73. "I love Manchester for its rock 'n' roll history,
attitude and future #GoNorth" @tomkingkartel
74. "It's the home of the coolest music has a
fantastic cultural energy and you can still find great vibes in
dirty basements." @wearekms
75. "Asides from the weather & the dulcet tones of the
northern accent… great uni's producing fantastic graduates
76. "Great idea @thecandidateuk. We reckon #MCR is set to
overtake London as the #digital capital of the UK, and the beer is
cheaper too! #GoNorth" @add_people
77. "Love working in the #Northwest as we're friendly folk… and
also the Northern Quarter #GoNorth"
78. "Great balance of the concrete jungle and the tranquil
nature parks - in the #Northwest you're a name, not a number
79. "Because it is the creative hub of the North :D"
80. "We <3 Mcr because there's creativity on every street
corner. It's yours for the taking. Live it, love it,
81. "Awesome people, awesome culture, awesome places
above all abundance of awesome talent, basically #GoNorth or go
82. "One reason is great new bands like
83. "We don't have a fast lane at our train stations.
All people stand on escalators like equals
84. "Thank goodness that I chose to move up to
Manchester and not down to London, the North is fabulous
85. "Beautiful places to play out in all directions -
Peak District, Lake District, Snowdonia & The Dales for
86. "Being able to ride
up hills and down dales instead of round and round Richmond Park!!
87. "We work and play in #Manchester's
eclectic independent cafés. Great coffee lives outside of London
88. "Manchester has great people and
talent combined with excellent quality of life
89. "Manchester has a unique character; confident,
innovative and inclusive #GoNorth"@steveleigh
90. "Manchester is cheap and cheerful
91. "The humour, people, women, accent, socialising,
culture, heritage, and architecture, scenery, transport. #Northwest
92. "I love working in the Northwest - so much
creative work going on. #GoNorth"
93. "The north is the best place to work because it's
so friendly and loving!! #GoNorth."
94. "Here at @fluid_digital we love working in the
Northwest because Manchester is the centre of the universe!
95. "Things are more affordable up here #GoNorth"
96."#GoNorth I love Manchester because the people are
friendly, gorgeous and hella funny! +cheaper homes"
97. "I think Mark Radcliffe
sums it up pretty well: "#Manchester, A city that
thinks tables are for dancing on." #GoNorth" @fayscho
98. Amazing culture, cool places to visit, cheaper
than 'darn sarrrf' and most of all it's full of friendly,
interesting people! @Gemmaeccleston
99. "Move North so you don't need to live in an awful
bedsit an hour outside of London's city centre. Walk to work, earn
more in real terms, spend more of your disposable income on fun
things rather than living costs." - James Crawford, PR
100. "Not everyone is willing to sell their soul to
London for a few extra £'s as to some folk, it's about the quality
of life and not the pace. Having an affordable house with Liverpool
One on your doorstep for shopping, a good selection of local
theatres and music venues, and the mountains of Wales only 30
minutes drive, why would I want to swap? For the same money I could
have a small bedsit, travel on public transport where people don't
talk, have man made gardens, and suffer from the tubes black bogey
sydrome. No thanks! I'll keep London as a great place to visit for
an occasional weekend trip, knowing that 2hrs later I will be back
in the beautiful and peaceful NW!" - Christ Frost,
We've recived more reasons to Go North!
101. Music! Gigs!
102. Amazing digital community! Lots of knowledge, friendly
faces, awesome bars and restaurants. Generally well
103. Our awesome street food
104. The North West is amazing! Great music, culture &
people :) @Naomi_Davey
106. I'm here! @theurbanmagpie
107. Because of
108. "The Adopted Manc" The People, Slang &
109. The North West is the best because we're friendlier
than everyone & COOLER! @RobGoodswen
110. Because SAScon is
111. Man United Of
112. Its cheaper and friendlier than
113. The people are so friendly &
114. Fab music, lots of friends & great digital
115. The people make everything! You don't love the company
you love the people! @DMK14
116. We're not arrogant, we're just
117. Our amazingly low levels of annual
118. Beer, Fresh Air & Great
119. Because it's not too far from
We love all the reasons so far - keep them coming!
Tweet @thecandidateuk with YOUR reason to