We recently caught up with Paul Morris, Digital & Marketing consultant and he talked us through his TRUST model and how it impacts eCommerce in particular. Read what he had to say, here!
Trust in eCommerce is vital and achieving all five variables are required to gain total trustworthiness. Aim for high credibility, reliability and intimacy, low self-orientation and then multiply that by true emotional engagement to fulfil your trustworthy ‘score’.
Trust Examples From My G.O.O.D Framework
- Gravitas – If people know your brand and what it stands for then consumers are more likely to engage with it. Use your Brand to help ignite content and bring it to life; whether that be driving traffic back to your D2C site or via additional imagery and video engagement on the likes of Amazon.
- Openness – Use Social, SEO & review sites to authenticate. Influencers and your audience will be effectively engaged if you use owned and earned channels in particular to build, grow and nurture an engaged audience.
- Outreach – Amplify content through relevant channels. Promotion and Distribution will help amplify content by engaging with paid channels yet they must be effectively integrated with ‘free’ channels such as organic social, SEO + quality content.
- Distribution – Build and grow authority by creating content people care about and want to share in order to generate social shares and backlinks. Social sharing numbers and blog comments do influence a person’s propensity to engage and share content. If the target consumer see lots of share activity in a post + If you enjoy topic authority, consumers will often believe & share without fully reading the article! You should also implement strategies which promote social currency through content. People share content to make them look good, to be useful, to define themselves to others and for self-fulfilment so think of what propels people to share your content and that will in turn impact online sales.
- If you would like to feature on our blog, get in touch!
- Read our latest news here.
- Check out all our job opportunities in Technology here!
- Check out our digital jobs here.
- Fancy a new analytics challenge? Click here!
- If you're looking for a new role, get in touch with us today!
- Learn more about our marketing roles here.
- If it’s creative roles that you are after, click here.
- Progress your career with a brand new Contract role? Click here!
- To get the very latest jobs, news and blogs follow The Candidate on Linkedin here!