UX Researcher - Manchester (Flexible /Hybrid) - £40k – Digital Agency
5 reasons to get excited:
- Invaluable opportunity to learn, progress and develop your career with 1-on-1 support from the Head of Experimentation
- Collaborative, team-centric culture built around multi-discipline squads across data and tech
- Clients who recognise the value of UX research and are keen to invest
- Smaller team giving you the chance to have exposure to end-to-end campaigns, autonomy and
- Flexible and hybrid working with a state of the art office
Role and responsibilities
In this role you will work end to end, from problem through to solution, you will continue to lead the research through production, experimentation and build ensuring the final product experience is delivered in line with the original vision to the highest standards of craft and utility.
We need you to roll your sleeves up, but also be a natural leader and mentor. Your position in the team means; juniors, peers and clients will be looking to you for guidance and research leadership.
- Plan design research programmes -Help teams to plan and organise research objectives that can be broken down into methods to gather insight or make decisions.
- Research mindset - At Code, the product is to build, measure, learn - help embed continual research as part of build, measure, learn in product teams.
- Joined up research approach - Work with other leaders and disciplines to ensure experimentation is part of Code's design research DNA to create and test innovative approaches to user research and experience design.
- Produce tools - From the insight gathered you should help to develop the appropriate design deliverables and structures to inform product thinking.
- Make effective decisions - Use sound judgement, data, evidence and insight to arrive at accurate, expert and professional decisions and advice.
- Collaborative - Work with other disciplines and clients in your product team to define research programmes that enable innovative and effective product experiences.
- See the big picture - Ensure your research activity is contributing to the wider product strategy and adds customer and commercial value.
- Commercial experience design - Balance user goals and business objectives with brand, time, budget, and technology.
- Empathy - Forming and testing ideas, design ideas and solutions with the needs of real people in mind.
You will have previous experience in:
- Organising, selecting, planning and running qual and quant design research activities and drawing insight from research findings and creating appropriate research deliverables for your programme of work.
- Facilitation: Ability to facilitate a broad range of progressive design research methods. For example, face-to-face interviews, observations, stakeholder workshops, remote sessions, etc.
- Critical thinking: Desire and ability to interrogate a variety of sources when faced with a problem, always looking for answers beyond the obvious and producing analysis to a high standard to support product and service knowledge.
- Communication: Delivering actionable insights in formal and informal settings and creating tools that ensure user needs are considered at all times to inform a product or service strategy.
- Persuasion: Ability to convince stakeholders and team members of the value of user research and articulate how meeting user needs will deliver meaningful business results.
- Peer review and critique projects throughout design and development for experience quality, usability, and business value.
- An annual training budget of at least £500 so you can develop your skills
- Medical insurance with eyecare and dental included
- Subsidised massages on-site
- Generous maternity and shared parental leave package
- £25 per month wellbeing budget
- Corporate discounts with the likes of John Lewis and Made.com
- Flexible hours and opportunities to work from home
- Annual (& legendary) Christmas jaunt abroad
- Social events subsidised by the company, including a weekly free bar
- Bike and rail pass scheme
- Your birthday off
- Flexible bank-holidays
- Profit-related bonus
Apply online now to take the next step in your career!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
For all jobs click here!
For analytics roles, click here!
For our Agency opportunities click here.
If it is digital jobs you are interested in click here.
To see all our creative jobs click here.
For all our marketing jobs click here..
For jobs in Technology click here.
To read our blog on the latest industry news and advice click here!