Join one of Manchester’s most progressive engineering teams, as the Senior Software Developer, as they scale their systems in line with their global growth!
Here at The Candidate, our technology recruitment team are proud to partner with one of the most exciting digital brands in Manchester. Our client, a bespoke personalisation service, have experienced continued growth over the last several years and have exciting plans to offer their services outside of the UK. Built around the concept of ’tech at the heart of all we do’ the business are setup using a bespoke development systems and niche applications which allow user’s the most personal experience in the market. Now the business is searching for a Senior Software Developer to join their team and grow into the full ownership of your own development team.
Reporting directly into the Head of Development, the Senior Software Developer will be responsible for specific technical products whilst supporting the wider development team on complex technical issues. Implementing the newest technology within an agile environment, you will be required to fully understand your product ownership and how it links into the wider team. Joining a fully established CI/CD pipeline, you will be required to build Greenfield systems across the full technical stack (a personal bias towards front end or back end is fine due to the scope of projects) whilst deploying using Azure DevOps & Cloud infrastructure. Within the past years, the business has moved their systems into microservices so it’s essential you are knowledgeable / commercially experienced in building systems within a micro services environment. Built on the practising methodology of, ‘if you have an idea, you run with it’, the team are encouraged throughout to be creative in your solutions and to implement the most modern solutions to enable their services to remain fully bespoke as the team grows. Initially, the Senior Software Developer will work in partnership with the existing development team but will be given full autonomy for recruitment into your team once you have settled into the team.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Software Developer:
- Build creative and bespoke solutions to technical issues whilst taking technical ownership for an area of system development
- Lead on modernisation & Greenfield projects across the business
- Lead, mentor and grow to manage your own team of developers ranging from mid weights to juniors.
- Continuously stay up to date with industry standards and new technology whilst keeping a keen eye on any opportunities to bring new concepts into the business.
- Back end built predominantly in .Net Core with a vision to translating into .Net 6 towards the middle of 2022.
- Cloud hosting & CI/CD managed through Azure DevOps using a continuous deployment methodology in an agile environment.
- CosmosDB & SQL Server used as DMS
Due to the volume of recruits planned to join the team, there is scope for the Snr Software Developer to be either full stack with a bias towards front end, or full stack with a bias towards back end - there’s plenty of projects to get stuck into!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Commercially experienced in a Microsoft stack based environment specifically building systems using .Net Core
- Self motivated and driven by contributing major technical advances towards a scaling business
- Mentored and led junior developers within an agile environment
- Based on the nature of the business, and their working setups, it is essential that you’re comfortable around dogs!! On any day the team will bring their pets in and their can be up to 5 dogs in the office on walk days.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive salary
- Modernisation projects into .Net 6 in 2022
- Progressive working environment
- Flexibility to work remotely / flexibly depending on your circumstances. Ideally, you’d be able to go into the South Manchester office at least once every fortnight.
- Structured progression & autonomy to introduce new tech
What are you waiting for? Apply online today!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
For all jobs click here!
If it is digital jobs you are interested in click here.
To see all our creative jobs click here.
For all our marketing jobs click here.
To read our blog on the latest industry news and advice click here.
Progress your career with a brand new Contract role? Click here!