Global advertising agency with regional office in Manchester City Centre is urgently seeking a Senior Planning Manager to work on some of the UKs largest brands! This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a step up to SAM level, or an existing senior planner looking for a change in one of the UKs most successful and prestigious agencies.
The Senior Planning Manager’s role is to lead the day to day running of client business as well as always looking for opportunity and innovation. The Senior Planner must be proactive and inquisitive in their approach to solving everyday business and planning challenges whilst producing innovative solutions and media plans. The Senior Planner will be responsible for overseeing the work of the department
Skills and attributes
- A firm grasp of all media – TV, OOH, Digital etc. and their value in communications
- Analytic research and identify key insights
- An umbrella approach to the planning process employed on your client’s business (eg. four cogs, bespoke)
- Constantly carrying out competitor analysis and research analysis on the customer needs
- High attention to detail and strong, concise written and oral communication
- Adept at managing a diverse workload, and able to prioritise
- Be an inspirational leader who will encourage and motivate team members
- Comply with brand behaviours
- Understand ‘storytelling’ and apply it to your presentation style
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the financial running of your accounts
- Have a mind on customer and how to maximise profit
- Network at every opportunity and build strong client relationships
- Strong knowledge of desktop research & planning tools (e.g. TGI, Telmar, DDS/MediaExplorer, AdDynamix) and their role in the planning process
- Understanding and ability to use the five key GSIP tools when crafting a client’s strategy
- Use appropriate media to present and utilise information
- Work collaboratively / build relationships with Investment and Explore teams in understanding opportunities, developing plans and innovative ideas
- Build and maintain internal relationships with relevant departments outside of Manchester. Understand the wider network and how it can help.
- Take every learning opportunity from your line manager regarding managing any Assistants or Executive’s in your group, help with their on-going training and development
- Ensure that the Assistant and Exec take control and ownership of their roles within the planning process and management/servicing of clients
- Ensure yours and your Assistant / Execs admin are kept up to date (CPD logs, Training, holiday and sickness forms etc)
- Take your career management seriously, preparing for performance reviews and attending training planned for you, including pre work or lunchtime workshops and also department sessions
If this sounds like a new or next step for you send us your CV to [email protected] or call 0161 833 1044.
Read some insight on the Agency Side of the recruitment by clicking here.
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
For all jobs click here!
For analytics roles, click here!
For our Agency opportunities click here.
If it is digital jobs you are interested in click here.
To see all our creative jobs click here.
For all our marketing jobs click here..
For jobs in Technology click here.
To read our blog on the latest industry news and advice click here!