Senior eCommerce Executive - eCommerce - Manchester - £20,000 to £25,000
Looking for a new career move? Our client is at the forefront of their industry and is on the hunt for a Senior Ecommerce Executive to hop on board and steer them into future success!
Our client’s office is conveniently located only a short walk from the train station which means that it is easily accessible from Manchester City Centre and other surrounding areas! The company is currently at the top of their game, dominating the UK market and expanding into the US market. Hence, they are now in need of an experienced, diligent and ambitious individual to join their team of eCommerce experts! As the Senior Ecommerce Executive, you will take charge of optimising search, sales and UX in order to meet set KPI’s.
Main Responsibilities of the Senior E-Commerce Executive:
- Revised planning in optimising search, sales and UX along with managing relationships with the search partner.
- To be attentive and mindful of important online information needed to reach KPI objectives using applicable software tools (E.g. Google Analytics, Hotjar).
- In keeping with provided guidelines and procedures (from a merchandising viewpoint) from product promotions from the store and collections from the concept following through to being portrayed live on the store.
- Regular communication with various departments (e.g. Marketing/ Design) and warranting that merchandise is sent on time in the correct format when requested.
- Production of weekly and monthly performance and merchandising reports in addition to the inclusion of all KPI’s, action plans/ results and tools.
- Management and accountability of merchandising and banners on the store working alongside the support of other team members including Admin, Execs etc. spanning from concept to casting live on the store.
- Must be aware and conscious of E-commerce best practice aided by attending events and conducting the suitable research e.g. Econsultancy reports, Google Analytics etc.).
- Sharing significant merchandising information with the related Departments with the goal to assist in driving the Department objectives for the store.
The ideal candidate:
- Be driven and inspired to take on challenges and get involved in the effort to reach KPI’s and Store sales.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an E-commerce role or experience working on an ecommerce website.
- Have a keen business eye and consciousness of the impact of significant and seasonal events in relation to the market (e.g. Presidents Day, Black Friday) and the influence that this takes on sales.
- Comfortable using IT software’s with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. Charts, Reports, preferably Macros and Formulas including Vlookups and Sumlfs).
- Outstanding numerical and analytical skills involving percentages and multiplications etc. From this, the individual should be able to generate reports to be presented to senior management.
- Excellent attention to detail along with great organisation skills and ability to keep in line with deadlines.
- A strong mindfulness of important online reporting metrics and adept in Google Analytics.
- Hold solid experience and familiarity of a diversity of merchandising tools including Search and Personalisation.
- To be aware and current with the best Ecommerce practices and responsive to industry trends.
- Fantastic communication abilities with the capability to uphold great working connections across a variety of Departments and individuals.
Sound like something you want be part of? Don’t hesitate to contact one of our award-winning team on 0161 833 1044 or email us at [email protected] for more information.
For all jobs click here!
It if is digital jobs you are interested in click here.
To see all our creative jobs click here.
For all marketing jobs click here.
To read our blog on the latest industry news and advice click here.