As the Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst you will work closely with the Board of Directors to facilitate intelligent business decision-making through detailed market and trend data analysis, with the aim of improving business efficiencies and profit.
You will be required to leverage and model a variety of business data from multiple systems, in conjunction with interpreting the data into meaningful outputs and presenting recommendations. Your role will demand extensive cross-functional collaboration, working with multiple stakeholders and effectively executing a variety of projects running concurrently.
Your core responsibilities can be divided in to 3 areas:
Project / Work Planning
- Leading the inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of robust reporting mechanisms for all stakeholders.
- Developing project plans and managing project workflows, ensuring reporting deadlines are met.
- Participating in project management estimation process.
- Managing and planning for service demand forecasts.
- Developing best practices for report deployments.
- Conducting analyses of functional business processes and functional requirements and participates in the development of business cases in the support of process changes.
- Working with internal and external customers and IT to develop and analyse business intelligence needs.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the core business functions, along with the commercial relationships in place, and identifying opportunities for improvement and optimisation.
- Evaluating internal and external customers’ needs and abilities in order to provide appropriate solutions.
- Analysing data trends and recommending solutions for increasing revenue and reducing loss.
- Providing input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Identifying and providing input to new technology opportunities.
- Exploring data and discovering patterns, meaningful links, anomalies and trends.
- Researching business problems and creating models that help to analyse these business problems.
- Analysing and interpreting outputs and presenting your recommendations to support high-level business decisions to the Management team and the Board.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the awareness and use of business intelligence across the business, from improved data entry and collection and collation of the data through to the analysis and dissemination of the outputs.
- Establishing and owning a suite of strategic reports that maintain data integrity throughout the business and deliver a single version of the “truth”, ensuring effective decisions can be made.
- Developing and maintaining a dedicated BI portal with self-serve capability, to centralise data and reports in order to achieve consistency with visibility and interpretation of data.
- Investigating competitor data and industry trends to help develop a picture of where the company stands in the industry, where they can improve and where they can reduce costs.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge and understanding of the current and emerging technologies and techniques that consistently give the business an edge in its decision-making.
- Highly numerate with a background in analysis
- Insatiable curiosity and track record of delivering value.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to deliver to specific deadlines.
- Proficient in SQL & data modelling.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Able to work simultaneously on many projects.
- Great analytical and logical problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and enjoys to be challenged.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- A true team player and strong collaboration skills.
What are you waiting for? Apply online today!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.