Product Owner - £50,000 – Wigan – Ethical Business
My client, a business that helps the people who help others, are now looking to expand their team with a Product Owner. Whether they’re in the health service, social care, education, or the charity sector, my client are passionate about giving their members the rewards they deserve.
In this role you will work closely with cross-functional business and technology teams to identify, define and deliver new products, features and services in line with the overall business strategy.
You will be defining and identifying development priorities, building high quality user experience all built up on evidence driven business cases to support the Product Roadmap.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become a trusted expert in the product, its purpose, functionality, user base and how it fits into the wider business
- Work with key stakeholders and business teams to identify and assess new opportunities – using a mixture of both internal and external research and insights
- Lead collaborative product discovery sessions to refine opportunities from ideas through to deliverable backlog items
- Work with wider product teams and stakeholders to build and gain continuous alignment on strategic roadmaps based on data and insight
- Responsible for refining and prioritising the delivery team’s backlog in line with the roadmap - ensuring they have enough work that meets their definition of ready
- Ensure the development team have an understanding of the product’s goals and how their work is tied to these
- Support the development team in delivering work by taking an active role in various scrum ceremonies and activities
- Work with technical team leads to ensure technical work is raised, understood and factored into prioritisation decisions
- Work with both the product and wider teams to continuously evolve the product and delivery functions
- Be a visible advocate for product development; keeping stakeholders engaged and hosting product demonstrations
- Experienced in user story writing & refinement
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills – being able to communicate at the right level of detail based on audience, and translate business needs into tangible tech requirements (and vice-versa)
- Ability to tell a story, bring the product’s goals & vision to life and motivate the development team
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience in running large workshop-style sessions
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- An appreciation for technology and high-level solution design
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of agile/scrum methodologies and test & learn practices
- Adaptable and able to embrace change
- Driven, disciplined and tenacious in nature
- Use of work item management tool (e.g. Jira)
- 28 days’ holiday plus 8 statutory days.
- Achievable annual bonus scheme.
- 4% employer pension contribution.
- Access to market-leading offers from big-name brands.
- Regular social events.
- Bright and spacious office space.
- Free onsite parking.
- Office only 2 minutes from M6 J25 (outskirts of Wigan).
- Home working: Following the COVID-19 pandemic we offer a mix of home and office working.
Apply online today!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
For all jobs click here!
For analytics roles, click here!
For our Agency opportunities click here.
If it is digital jobs you are interested in click here.
To see all our creative jobs click here.
For all our marketing jobs click here..
For jobs in Technology click here.
To read our blog on the latest industry news and advice click here!