Have you got a keen interest in the PR and looking for progression and exposure in the PR industry? Then don’t miss this opportunity!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi award winning specialist PR agency based in South Manchester. They require a PR Account Manager to support their PR department.
The successful candidate will work across both consumer and B2B accounts and will quickly gain client facing experience, working closely with our account directors and managing director. While social media and digital expertise is desirable the key competency is copywriting.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and get exposure to lots of different clients and projects that will nurture and build strong skills and experience as a core foundation for a PR career. You will also be eligible for 10% bonuses, pensions, work phone and MacBook!
Main Roles and Responsibilities of the PR Account Manager:
- Responsible for all client communications and the associated delivery of accounts’ objectives, ensuring quality standards are met and excellent customer service is provided
- Work closely with the Managing Director and third parties (e.g. freelancers, suppliers) in order to deliver PR campaigns
- Generate PR opportunities for the agency’s clients to gain coverage in consumer and trade media
- Write, distribute and sell in press releases and features to national, regional and trade
- Manage clients to understand their requirements and optimise the opportunity to utilise PR to their advantage
- Gain coverage for broadcast and non-broadcast media covering radio, TV and digital media
- Assist in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns, ensuring all activity is monitored, tracked and shared with the client to develop and maintain excellent relationships with the agency’s clients
- Engage in project management duties
- Attend meetings with clients; deliver presentations as and when required
- Seek opportunities to build links and intern create account growth and business development
Skills and Attributes
- Proven account management and development skills, most probably gained from a PR agency, although a background in journalism may also be considered
- Solid academic background, with a first degree ideally in Business and/or English
- Core consumer brand PR background with some knowledge of corporate PR and crisis management
- Experience of running a reactive and pro-active press office and handling incoming press enquiries
- Excellent publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story and ability to write ‘journalist quality’ press releases
- Confident with liasing directly with media across all channels and existing contacts on a regional and national basis
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally, interfacing at all levels holding superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player who works well under pressure
If you are looking to progress and whilst raising your profile in an established and leading PR agency then do not let this opportunity pass you by. If you would like any further information please call one of our award winning team today on 0161 833 1045 or email email@example.com.
For digital jobs and news follow us on Twitter Facebook and LinkedIn