Lead Project Manager - Lytham (2 Days in Office) - £60,000 + Bonus – Retail
As Lead Project Manager you will oversee the delivery of all business technology projects, supporting a range of departments and collaborating closely with key stakeholders.
You will be responsible for managing multiple projects from inception through to delivery, taking ownership for the full project lifecycle and ensuring projects run to time and budget, as well as to specification.
Initially you will be supporting the implementation of a new OMS and CRM solution before being immersed into other exciting system modernisation initiatives within retail, marketing, finance and HR/Payroll.
You will be technically-minded and experienced in managing complex system development/transformation projects. This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced retail environment which will require you to be engrained in the day-to-day running of projects, whilst also possessing the ability to step back and make strategic business decisions.
- Manage the delivery of all technical and business projects, overseeing quality, performance and scope, whilst controlling risks to timelines.
- Ensure business requirements for new enhancements and projects are uncovered and well-documented, working closely with internal and external stakeholders and BA resource, to help define scope.
- Effectively manage stakeholders and senior management to ensure clear communication, alignment and buy-in.
- Help to define project teams to maximise project governance and ensure total clarity around roles and responsibilities within the business.
- Build strong relationships with external project managers, seeking to always have alignment and visibility with technical partners/integrators.
- Co-ordinate any UAT required for projects, working closely with the relevant internal teams to ensure this is completed to the standard required and that the acceptance criteria are met at all times.
- Devise and author project plans and ensure these are communicated to the relevant parties.
- Chair/lead regular project status and steerco meetings and produce accompanying written status reports.
- Monitor project timelines and progress against plan, pro-actively flagging any delays or missed milestones.
- Track project budgets closely, reporting on and forecasting any variances you foresee.
- Actively manage risks and issues, producing a comprehensive RAID log and communicating this to the project team and relevant stakeholders.
- Working closely with external agencies and SI’s, you will manage the change control process, keeping budget and timelines front of mind.
- Manage the project go-live, owning all business communications and ensuring that any training or other necessary arrangements have been made.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive project management experience in a business technology (IT/eCommerce) role
- Hands-on experience of effectively managing 3rd party SI’s and agencies
- Experience managing and influencing internal stakeholders and senior management
- Familiarity and awareness of software development and system architecture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead conversations with audiences with differing levels of technical knowledge
- Highly organised with exceptional planning abilities
- Calm under pressure and someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- An open and transparent way of working, forming strong relationships by promoting fairness and establishing trust
- A commercial yet technical mindset
- Experience managing enterprise-level budgets
- Experience in technology change management
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Business analysis experience
- A retail background having worked in either eCommerce or Retail IT
- Experience with Microsoft Business Central / NAV
- Certified in a recognised project management qualification (Prince2, PMP, CSM, CAPM)
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
Take a look at all of our live jobs!
Check out our latest opportunities in:
You can also read our latest blogs on industry news and advice!