Head of Data - Manchester (Hybrid) - Up to £70,000
Our client is a multi-award-winning digital agency based in the heart of Manchester’s Media City. This agency has a passion for all things social, and the agency has grown from strength to strength working with some leading brands and they are hungry for more.
They are on the lookout for a Head of Data who will play a crucial role in overseeing their data warehousing transition to BigQuery and extracting valuable insights from their data. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful migration of their data systems and using your expertise in SQL, data visualization, and analytics to develop comprehensive reporting dashboards.
- Lead the strategic transition of data warehousing from Google Sheets to BigQuery.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for data migration, ensuring minimal disruption to ongoing operations.
- Establish, optimize, and maintain BigQuery databases.
- Ensure database security, integrity, and scalability to support growing data needs.
- Design and implement sophisticated dashboards for internal reporting on key metrics such as revenue, margins, and cost-income analysis.
- Develop campaign-specific dashboards to provide insights on influencer, paid media, and organic social performance.
- Utilize advanced data visualization techniques to present complex data in an accessible format.
- Create and automate regular reports for internal stakeholders and clients, providing actionable insights.
- Work closely with various teams to understand their data needs and integrate these into the overall data strategy.
- Provide data-driven recommendations to support decision-making across the company.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in data analytics and visualization.
- Continually seek opportunities to enhance data processing, analysis, and reporting capabilities.
- Act as a mentor and guide for junior data analysts, fostering skill development and growth.
- Promote a culture of data literacy and evidence-based decision-making throughout the organization.
- Regular team socials (team meals, nights out, etc)
- Wellness budget
- Flexi-time (Core hours 10am-4pm)
- Hybrid Working
- 33 days holiday + your Birthday off
- Closed over Christmas
- Proven expertise in SQL and data visualization.
- Strong analytical and logical skills, akin to an analytics engineer.
- Experience with BigQuery or similar data warehousing solutions.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining data dashboards.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with senior leadership to turn business needs into data solutions.
- Forward-thinking, with a talent for process improvement.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
If you like the sound of this role, apply online now! You can also send through your CV directly to [email protected].
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the? very best with their job search?
Take a look at all of our live jobs!
Check out our latest opportunities in:
You can also read our latest blogs on industry news and advice!