Ecommerce Customer Science Analyst - Stockport - eCommerce - Up to £40,000
The Ecommerce Analyst role is crucial to the growth of the business, as they strive to become an insight lead organisation. This is a brand new role for the business so is truly theirs to take advantage of. Whilst eCommerce Analysis skills and knowledge exist within the wider marketing team, this is a new role within the Strategy and Insights team – so you will need to have confidence to lead recommendations where required. This role will establish strong links between insights and trading functions of the marketing team as well as around the business. Whilst eCommerce will be a big focus, other Business Insights support will also form a significant portion of the role.
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards with Power BI to track live performance of eCommerce sites.
- Help drive conversion, sales, AOV and overall trading performance.
- Be the key business resource to analyse and understand behavioural trends of new and existing online customers.
- Take multiple hypotheses from ‘question’ to ‘actionable insight’ on a regular, ad hoc basis
- Support development of direct to consumer eComm sites by identifying product range gaps and opportunities.
- Contribution to validating or recommending products in the NPD pipeline.
- To plan, write and analyse customer surveys where projects require.
- Analyse the success of their products in multiple channels, reporting on key changes and offering recommendations for proactive or reactive next steps.
- Support on projects where data analysis can drive a project forward through the marketing development process.
- Strong data literacy – able to interpret, manipulate and clearly communicate to others
- Be a creative future thinker as well as a completer/finisher
- Have good commercial acumen
- Be inquisitive, determined, and analytical.
- Self-motivated, autonomous as well as collaborative.
- Confident at making recommendations to the wider business
- A basic understanding of digital marketing strategy
- Be able to recommend actions in the context of project objectives or wider customer strategy
- At least 1 year in a similar role within eCommerce, additional experience preferred.
- Experience with consumer goods is preferred
- Education background in analytical subjects is ideal, but not essential if skills can be demonstrated
- Reporting to the Strategic Marketing Manager, and working alongside the Market Research Analyst
- Work closely with multiple business functions outside of the Strategy & Insights team, such as Marketing, Trading, Product & Development.
What tools should you have experience in?
Vital: GA, Power BI or Tableau, Excel
Useful: Google Tag manager
Bonus: SQL, Python or R (can you write code to data scrape and more?), EPOS data (e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, IRi)
If this sounds the next step for you apply now!
Alternatively for more information get in touch, email [email protected] or call 0161 833 1044.