Customer Insight Manager - Manchester - Up to £40,000
Our client is looking for a Customer Insight Manager to develop their current team of analysts and help grow the analytics capability. The Customer Insight Manager will be passionate about data, think and act for the customer and use insights to drive positive business change. The successful candidate will need to enjoy and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment. This role is ideal for an experienced Insight Manager who is excited by the prospect of being part of a data revolution, enjoys playing a hands-on role and can grow and nurture a team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The Customer Insight Manager will be responsible for a team of analysts producing comprehensive marketing and customer insight for the functions based on customer, web, media and financial data. The role of the customer insight team is to develop an understanding of their customers, provide analytics to optimise marketing channels and uncover insights which help inform business strategy.
They will also:
- Play an active role in campaign planning, providing insights into seasonal events and product launches
- Understand what drives loyalty and lifetime value of customers; use this knowledge to help inform the retention strategy and loyalty offering, and improve better targeting for customers.
- Maintain and develop a suite of marketing and customer reports with a focus on self-serve enabling the department to make quick and intelligent decisions
- Help marketing channel owners understand and optimise the performance of their campaigns by providing attribution reports and analysis
- Deliver insights on ad-hoc requests to help understand subtle changes in business performance
- Work with stakeholders in the Buying and Merchandising teams to understand category performance from the perspective of the customer.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Be the leader for customer-centric decision making, providing clear and impactful insights into our customers behaviours and motivations.
- Understand business requirements by department and advise the best way to fulfil these with the data and tools available.
- Manage the team’s workload and stakeholder expectations through effective prioritisation and communication
- Proactively seek opportunities across the business where customer insights can add value
- Develop and coach a team of high performing analyst’s renowned for delivering quality and impactful insights.
- Consistently scrutinise and develop how we measure customer performance and segment our customer base
- Work with the H/O CRM and Insight to build the vision and strategy for customer insights
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Strong SQL and Excel skills are essential.
- Experience leading and developing am analytics team.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of working with large and varied data sets
- Experience of visualisation/BI tools is highly desirable (e.g. Power BI, Google Data Studio).
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now! Alternatively for more information get in touch with our award winning team at [email protected].