Please note: the role is based in Nottingham. Currently the role is 100% remote but will be moving to a hybrid model of 3 days in the office from the end of the year.
As a well-established brand on the British Highstreet who have been trading for over 30 years, they have recently undertaken a huge digital transformation piece. Now, 2 years into this project, they are looking to hire a brand-new role for a Consumer Insights Manager to help facilitate the next stage of development. As a result, this newly created high profile role is a real greenfield project, presenting a true career-making opportunity for the right ambitious candidate. There’s also the added bonus of having no historic/legacy processes and systems to undo!
The purpose of this role is to discover objective and actionable brand and consumer insights that will be used to shape the brand proposition and marketing campaigns. You will have ownership of the consumer insights budget and research agency selection
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop an annual brand and consumer insight research plan working with the Brand Team to understand research requirements.
- Manage the monthly consumer research panel through the agreed agency, working with stakeholders to co-ordinate briefs and stimulus, analyse the data and develop recommendations.
- Manage the quarterly brand tracking research programme to monitor brand metrics such as brand awareness, consideration and key purchase drivers delivering actionable insights and review the findings to identify issues and opportunities for the brand.
- Manage other brand and insight research projects such as the testing of advertising creative and new brand concepts.
- Work with the media agency to conduct an annual econometrics study which will understand the return on investment of media spend by media channel, using the model to inform the media strategy and plans.
- Support the Head of Brand in the preparation and facilitation of consumer insight and innovation workshops with the Marketing Team which will be used to generate insights and ideas for future marketing campaigns.
- Conduct ongoing market and competitor tracking, working with the wider Marketing Team to collate inputs, report on trends and identify insights and opportunities for the brand.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with research agencies, negotiating the best costs to maximise value from the research budget.
- Manage the research budget, ensuring all costs are forecasted and reported accurately throughout the year
- Ensure all research is conducted in-line with professional standards i.e. Market Research Code of Conduct.
- Develop and maintain an insight repository where all data is stored and catalogued to act as a reference tool for the Marketing Team.
- Ensure a leading-edge approach to consumer insight by keeping up to date with the latest methodologies and best practice, recommending solutions that will help shape the insight behind the brand proposition and marketing campaigns.
- Champion a consumer insight driven culture across the Marketing Team and wider business.
- In-depth experience of managing and delivering multiple consumer research projects within a commercial setting such as in FMCG or retail environment.
- In-depth experience of a variety of research methodologies and the ability to accurately analyse and interpret research findings to create actionable insights.
- Experience managing research agencies from selection and briefing to the presentation of research findings.
- Experience managing a research budget and negotiating costs with research agencies.
- Attention to detail, project management and analytical skills essential.
- Advanced Word, Excel & PowerPoint skills.
This could be the perfect role for you! Apply online today!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
For all jobs click here!
For analytics roles, click here!
For our Agency opportunities click here.
If it is digital jobs you are interested in click here.
To see all our creative jobs click here.
For all our marketing jobs click here..
For jobs in Technology click here.
To read our blog on the latest industry news and advice click here!