Commercial BI Analyst – Manchester - £40,000 – Ecommerce
It’s a brand new role for the business so no legacy/historical ways of working to have to undo – you can make the role your own. There’s been huge investment in digital over the past 12 months, with a roadmap of exciting projects in the pipeline still to come.
As part of the investment they’ve had a total office refurbishment to bring it in to 2021 which has given them a seriously cool place to work for the days when they are in the office, created a big focus on ESG (to make the business more sustainable and eco-friendly) and have also begun a campaign on diversity and inclusion.
They have a fantastic team culture; supportive, friendly and close-knit – one of those teams you actually enjoy being in the office with.
In a nutshell, the purpose of the job is to:
- To provide timely, accurate and insightful information to decision makers
- To enable data driven decision making across the business
- To manage and evaluate pricing to maximise profitability.
In this role you will:
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly dashboards for Buyers on product performance using Power BI and new data analytical tools with further adaptation tools as the business progresses.
- Provide in depth analysis (including supporting narrative) of margin performance on brands, ranges and product groups.
- Participate in key meetings relating to margin with senior stakeholders – including the weekly trading meeting, presenting actionable insight and gaining buy-in to your recommendations.
- Model true end-to-end costing and product profitability provided on a self-serve basis.
- Provide meaningful insight of competitor pricing on a regular basis.
- Initiate and evaluate price elasticity around price changes with test and learn strategies across products sub ranges and ranges including regional and hold out groups.
- Create and manage the business central range plans for all ranges using central BI tools, to facilitate termly pricing sign-offs.
- Liaise with Supply Chain on product sales mix and cross agree with BI forecasts.
- In-depth experience with Microsoft analytics Stack (SQL Server, Power BI, DAX, SQL), as well as advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in order to convey key messages from the detail and influence senior stakeholders.
- Self-progressive and proactive to continuously challenge and improve all product margin insights.
- Understanding of mathematical equations and significance around price elasticity of products.
- Experience of the above requirements with a fresh continuous improvement approach.
- Commercially focussed with a proven track record of influencing business results through analysis.
- Strong attention to detail, with a logical and inquisitive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage priorities to ensure deadlines are met, in a fast-paced environment.
Apply online now, don't miss out!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
For all jobs click here!
For analytics roles, click here!
For our Agency opportunities click here.
If it is digital jobs you are interested in click here.
To see all our creative jobs click here.
For all our marketing jobs click here..
For jobs in Technology click here.
To read our blog on the latest industry news and advice click here!