A truly exciting career opportunity has arisen for an Agency
Sales Manager within the UK's no.1 classifieds site - Gumtree. The
market lead site is growing fast to become one of the 10 most
popular sites in the UK and they are searching for someone to work
from Manchester and oversee the North West and Midland regions.
The Agency Sales Manager will work from home, in conjunction
with the 6 existing sales managers who each manage a portfolio of
media agencies across the UK. This role will involve demonstrating
a great understanding of the digital landscape and utilising this
to bring on board new advertisers to Gumtree.
- Manages own portfolio of agency accounts, using a clear roadmap
for business acquisition and agency maintenance.
- Develops long-term agency relationships.
- Supports and fulfils agency requirements, by identifying where
Gumtree products can add value.
- Maintains a pipeline of business, including preparation of
tenders and bid responses
- Manages all aspects of their agency accounts including
budgeting and finances
- Develops long-term agency relationships at multiple levels
within the agency organization, quickly building rapport to become
the agencies first point of contact.
- Conducts business affairs with the agency both face-to-face and
- Identifies where Gumtrees products/services can assist the
agency and add value to their business.
- Maintains and develops the existing client base, in addition to
building new clients.
- Takes ownership of target and plans accordingly.
- Excellent in-person and phone-based communication skills
(particularly capable of highlighting key product features and
maintaining client interest over the phone).
- Ability to lead phone-based and face-to-face agency meetings
and have good dialogue with the agency planners, buyers, account
managers and account directors.
- Extensive agency contacts across media groups
- Candidates require strong experience of online sales for this
- Candidates must have digital agency sales experience (3 - 5
years), preferable in a similar role to Key Account
- Candidates must be a quick learner and able to adapt
as the job requires and as the online industry changes.
- Proven track record of hitting sales targets.
This is a really exciting time to join the company, Gumtree is
part of eBay which has more than 30,000 job opportunities around
the world. eBay Inc is committed to being the connected commerce
industry leader and cultivates creativity and collaboration to
complete exciting projects. Working at eBay is a rewarding,
stimulating and inspiring experience!
Interested? If this sounds like it could be the role for you,
don't hesitate to get in touch with award winning recruitment team
on 0161 833 1044 to discuss the opportunity further. Alternatively