In this blog Brian, Managing Partner here at The Candidate shares his 5 quick tips for using
social media to assist in your job search. They're so good,
The Sun featured them in their employment
Our 5 Top Tips:
- LinkedIn is the leading social channel for finding a job.
Create a profile & start connecting. This is your opportunity
to show your skill set and your personality.
- Use Twitter & LinkedIn to build your online network - start
following & engaging with companies you want to work for. It's
likely they will post vacancies online so it's a great way to hear
about jobs first!
- Make your social media profiles employer friendly or restrict
what others can see! Data from a recent
recruitment survey revealed 93% of employers will view
applicant's social profiles before making a decision.
- Have a voice in your online community. Post and share things of
interest to the industry you want to work in and join in
- Try using a social media management tool such as Tweetdeck.
With this tool you can set up custom lists such as 'Companies I
want to work for' with all the employers Twitter handles as well as
specific hashtags such as #jobs #Manchester which will pull all of
the relevant posts into one list. It's a simple way of sorting
through all the Twitter noise. However if
Tweetdeck isn't your thing, you can create simple lists
Check out more of our job searching tools to find your dream