Our client is an extremely successful, multi-award winning, multichannel retailer enjoying a sustained period of fantastic growth. They are in the process of building a best in class ecommerce function at the forefront of innovation and require a talented, self-starting and forward thinking UX/UI & Design Lead to join this growing and dynamic team.
Based in Greater Manchester, this role reports to the Head of Ecommerce and provides an outstanding opportunity to lead and define, design, research and deliver the UX strategy across all channels through customer-focused design. Possessing a deep understanding of interaction and interface design, supported by knowledge of usability, accessibility and associated best practices, the UX/UI & Design Lead will demonstrate a clear understanding of how graphic design, typography, layout, colour and copy contribute towards creating product experiences that engage and delight our customers.
- Evangelise user experience and product optimisation across the business and be the advocate for the user across everything we do.
- Lead projects through the entire UX/UI lifecycle, defining business benefits upfront to prioritise tasks, then closely track the impact of work from implementation and beyond to assess actual benefits realised.
- Relentlessly focus on the delivery of tasks that will generate the greatest benefit for the business, ensuring your own and the team’s time is always being used optimally.
- Work closely with the Ecommerce Project Manager on the change roadmap and perform rigorous end to end testing on all releases, in conjunction with our development partner.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the complete customer journey, drive visual design and form strategies and content to deliver a seamless experience across all touchpoints.
- Perform content and experience audits, including gauging the usability of new and existing features and making constructive suggestions for change.
- Use tools to develop high fidelity prototypes, user flows, design patterns and concept mock-ups to effectively communicate interaction experience design ideas and enhancements prior to implementation.
- Research, design, prototype, test and validate new and innovative features and ideas.
- Continually optimise products by executing A/B and multivariate testing programmes and closely analyse user engagement performance metrics to evolve design solutions.
- Recommend and implement new ways of gaining user insight and feedback and user experience practices.
Skills and Attributes:
- At least 5 years’ experience within a similar role, ideally in a retail ecommerce environment.
- Experience taking ownership of multiple projects simultaneously, people and business change to meet required deadlines.
- Able to balance hands-on as well as strategic responsibilities.
- A solid background in design, as well as an excellent understanding of user experience and best practice, usability best practices and the ability to implement solutions based on the needs of users.
- Multi-platform design experience – desktop/tablet/mobile.
- Excellent awareness of the latest HTML, CSS, JQuery and other front end design.
- High level of expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Expert level of experience using Axure, or similar.
- Previous experience of a website optimisation platform, such as Monetate/Maxymiser/Qubit.
- Ability to analyse and interpret relevant metrics to inform continuous improvement of user experience.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and CRO tools.
- Leading, inspiring and communicating effectively to help the team create pioneering work.
- Previous line management experience essential, along with experience managing senior stakeholders.
- Real gravitas, able to express thoughts, concerns and revolutionary ideas with conviction.
- An obsessive attention to detail, always looking for ways to improve.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast paced environment.
- A strong passion for experience and visual design focused on consumer needs and goals, digital and ecommerce.
There couldn’t be a better time to join this North West success story and make a career defining contribution to its future accomplishments. Flexible working hours are on offer, with a salary up to £45k dependant on experience, free on-site car parking and office perks.
If you are ready to work for a hugely successful and creative organisation then this is the role for you! Do not hesitate and apply today! Or to talk about this role contact one of our award-winning team on 0161 833 1044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For digital jobs and news follow us on Twitter Facebook and LinkedIn
Job not for you? Recommend someone now for £250 Cashback, Click here!