Want to use your creativity and digital experience to help communicate a life-saving vision? Become a Digital Media Officer for an amazing non-profit organisation based in Central Manchester on a 6-month contract with a possibility to extend!
Our client is an international non-profit organisation whose work has saved millions of lives and built safe futures for communities in many developing countries. They are seeking a Digital Media Officer to produce creative multi-media products and establish a strong online presence in order to communicate their life-saving work and vision to their target audience. This is a 6-month contract, with the possibility of extension to a permanent position.
The organisation’s headquarters are ideally located in the heart of Manchester, surrounded by transport links, shops, restaurants, and bars. The successful candidate must be innovative, enthusiastic, passionate about the values of the organisation, and willing to travel overseas when required.
Roles and responsibilities of the Digital Media Officer:
- Produce a variety of multimedia products targeted at the primary audience.
- Deliver the communications plan to achieve strong digital presence.
- Make sure that website copy is kept up to date.
- Manage and schedule a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn, ensuring that they engage target audiences and show compelling content.
- Use Insight and Analytics data to monitor performance.
- Analyse media coverage of competitors.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and deliver an external relations strategy to promote the brand and key messages.
- Manage the production of media initiatives, publications, and content to deliver messages to the primary audience.
- Provide advice to other departments to ensure an understanding of the key messages.
- Ensure adherence to organisational brand guidelines.
- Work alongside the International Communications Manager to deliver communications based training.
- Contribute to projects aimed at improving the effectiveness of internal communications.
- Present the impact of the work using infographics and case study templates.
- Develop budgets and team business plans.
Required skills and attributes:
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts and producing digital products for use across a variety of platforms.
- Knowledge of software’s such as InDesign, Final Cut Pro, and Photoshop.
- Significant attention to detail and ability to quickly understand information of a technical nature.
- Strong editing and copywriting skills.
- Excellent communication skills and can convey ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working in the NGO sector, and managing internal communications systems.
- Highly organised and able to meet tight deadlines independently.
- Good networking skills, able to establish strong relationships with various contacts.
- Able to translate complex issues into easily accessible messages.
- Creative and innovative, and eager to learn.
- Knowledge of basic HTML.
- Be flexible, and willing to travel when appropriate.
If you want to find out more about this role, contact a member of our award-winning team on 0161 833 1044, or apply directly online!
For digital jobs and news follow us on Twitter Facebook and LinkedIn
Job not for you? Recommend someone now for £250 Cashback, Click here!